The Fordham Graduate Student Digital Humanities Group announces its first meeting, to be held on September 25, 12:30-2:00, Dealy 115. This group is open to all graduate students and any interested faculty or staff. Please join us so you can:
- Learn more about the methods and practices of the digital humanities, an area of study that is growing in importance for all humanities scholars;
- Discover the digital projects that your peers are working on;
- Learn how you can create born-digital projects;
- Learn how to use digital tools for teaching;
- Participate in workshops;
- Attend lectures with special guest speakers;
- Share your knowledge about using technology for research and teaching;
- Ask your questions about the digital humanities.
Current plans for Fall 2013:
- 9/25 12:30-2:00, Dealy 115: Come to our planning meeting and contribute your ideas!
- Workshop, November 13, 2:30-4:30, Keating 318: “Using Prezi for Visual Composition and Dynamic Electronic Posters,” with Prof. Kimon Keramidas of the Bard Graduate Center
- Time TBA Book group discussions: Matthew Jockers, Macroanalysis & Anne Burdick, et al, Digital_Humanities
- Time TBA Workshop, “Adapting the Programming Historian for Your Research,” Patrick J. Burns, Teaching Associate, Classics
- Attend the inaugural meeting of the NYC Digital Humanities group. September 28, all day.
- THATCamp Digital Writing will take place May 2-3, 2013
Follow us on Facebook!
Stay updated here with our blog.
We hope to see you on September 25th!